Sunday, 3 August 2014

The Front Bedroom

We are going to have the front bedroom as the main bedroom but we may change this at some point. We decided if we get this ready for when we move in we can sit up here in the evenings as well incase the lounge isn't finished. There was wood hipped paper on the wall so we removed this with a steamer.

The walls were ok underneath but did need quite a bit of filler over the dents and holes. Nathan filled in the holes using filler and painted the walls with a coat of white paint to seal the filler and to highlight any areas that needed filling.

On top of the window was a strip of PVC which Nathan removed and behind it is a gap. I'm not really sure why it's there but it doesn't go through to outside. We are going to get some wood to go around the edge and cover it up!

Below is a pho to saw on Pinterst of a similar room apt hat I liked the style of so I am trying to copy.

We painted the walls with a light brown, it looks much darker in this photo but i didn't put the light on. We were a bit unsure at first but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I was going to paint the skirting boards this morning so we decided to lift up the carpet. We were hoping the floorboods underneath would be good enough to sand and varnish and they do look pretty good!

I think we will sand the floor and varnish, apparently there is a shop nearby where we can hire a sander quite cheaply. Hopefully we can do this next weekend if we do a bit of research and prepare it a bit during the week.

We took the curtain rail down but it can cleaned up ok and we just need to buy some stoppers for the end. Looking online they are quite expensive for bay windows so it will be good if we can keep the same one.

No comments:

Post a Comment