Sunday 11 January 2015

Dressing Table

I bought this dressing table and chair with my birthday money from the auction surplus shop. It's now finished so here are some photos! The first photo is when it was first delivered.



First I sanded it down, it did have a nice finish but it had some white lines in the grain so I wanted to put a stain on it.


It also had a dark mark on the top on one side which wouldn't sand out. In the end I put bleach on it and left it to soak for a few hours. I then had to stain it to get it all one colour again. It's still not perfect but you can't really tell unless you're looking for it.




When I took the fabric off the chair to change it there was horse hair inside it and some shepts wool, I think this means it's pretty old!! I left it in and put an extra layer of padding on top.


Here is the finished dressing table and chair! I'm really pleased with it and I love the big mirror.





No comments:

Post a Comment